thanks to everybody, here is my first shelf .. surely not last

Thanks guys for all the advice and encouragement. Here is my first finished product. It was fun to learn and experiment, it was supposed to have bent semicircular edge so it was quite a project to change the design when it was half done but my oak would not bend.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/pskudlarski/first_bookshelf.jpg
Now the only question is what to attempt next. life is good.
pawel
Pawel wrote:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/pskudlarski/first_bookshelf.jpg
Wonderful idea for a jog in the wall. FWIW, when I see it, I think curved, not segmented... thinner edges... no mid-shelf supports... and contiguous curved base moulding.
Joe Barta
Pawel wrote:

Hint - thin pieces laminated.
--
dadiOH

Looks good. I'm in the middle of building tons and tons of shelving units at the moment, the wife decided that she couldn't find anything she really liked, or that fit the various books/CDs/DVDs she had, so I'm building a good half-dozen fixed-shelf units for her, each specifically sized for whatever she wants. I've got two done and one out in the shop laid out, but not cut yet.