Thanks to all and please check out my website

Page 2 of 2
Have you tried your site _without_ Javascript enabled?

No I haven't Robert. There are too many things I want to do and Java is too valuable a tool not to use. All modern browsers support it (I think so, at least) so I'm not too worried about loosing anyone.
--
Jeff P.

A truck carrying copies of Roget's Thesaurus over-turned on the
Hey Jeff...
That's a really nice job on the web site. I have cable so everything loads instantly and I'm using FireFox for a browser (who isn't) so that probably helps.
I like everything and have one comment... someone else beat me to it, but I think its valid. Consider a "slide show" approach much like a powerpoint presentation with buttons going forward and back so visitors can move ahead and back, but includes a section "home" button that will take them back to the 1st shot in the section.
Whenever I see a bunch of pix of a shop I always wonder if they've made any kind of java panarama deal that would allow visitors the option of just moving their mouse around and thereby panning around the room. Realtors use it to show homes. It would be slick on your site.
BTW, your shop is so clean and well-organized it inspired me to vacumn my shop this morning. Of course, it still looks like crap, but at least I'm not tracking sawdust around the house <BG>. That shop is an inspiration, but yeah... you've got to show at least one shot with the sawdust and chips flying.
Mike

LOL, oh man, do you know what you've just done??? NOW, I'm going to have to do one of those dang panarama things. Once the seed is planted there's no turning back. Thanks a lot. I'll probably do a next/previous button thing too. Not a bad Idea. I did finally solve the problem of keeping all the popup windows in the same window and having them retain focus when you load the next item in it. Only all fricking morning to solve THAT problem. Geez.
--
Jeff P.

A truck carrying copies of Roget's Thesaurus over-turned on the
Hey Jeff ! Really impressive work !
The drop down list for your shop pictures is a bit out of touch with the quality of the entire site.
Don't hesitate to use Javascript. Too much gain vs problems. Go check this site for custom pics gallery http://jalbum.net/extras.jsp
Did you use Frontpage 2003 to build it ? Again, really great work, everything fits in a screen, I like that.

Thanks! I didn't use Frontpage I used Dreamweaver MX. I'll be getting rid of the drop down menu and using a slide show of some sort. I'm also working on a Quicktime VR tour of the shop as I type this. I think it's done. It's kind of crude but it's my first photo seaming project and I didn't work too hard at I just wanted to learn the process.
--
Jeff P.

A truck carrying copies of Roget's Thesaurus over-turned on the
Jeff P. wrote:

Haven't had a chance to do more than glance at it but I did notice that you are using CSS. Good on you! But then I noticed that you are still going ahead and doing all of those things with inline tags that CSS does so much better on its own so you are building in maintenance headaches for the future. Same thing with using tables for formatting rather than tabular information. Getting rid of them can be a major PITA but in the long run it is almost always worth it.
Oh BTW, have you run your HTML and CSS through the appropriate validation suites? They are wonderful at turning up little gotchas (and sometimes som major ones in the case of my site) that sometimes cause odd glitches.
Oh yeah -- what I've seen of the site looks clean and well-balanced.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]