Table saw vibrations

I realized that my table saw had vibrations. The blade have a 1/64" vibration. The problem is from the shaft, not from the blade. Is it acceptable ? Is it dangerous for kick back?

S.B.

Reply to
SBO

Vibration? What does that mean? Or is it lateral play, runout, or just a poorly centered bore on the blade?

Do your homework, call back.

Reply to
George

Is it time for an adult decision?

Fix the bloody thing.

Reply to
Guess who

Yes... it has the potential for being a very dangerous situation. Others mentioned several things to look for but also look at the teeth on the blade. Any missing, bent, cracked or otherwise disfigured? That can really ruin your whole day if one of those teeth come loose and hits you between the eyes. You say it's from the shaft and not the blade - how do you know that?

  1. Do not stand directly in line with that blade if you apply power.

  1. If you don't know what to look for, get someone else to look over the saw and find the problem.

  2. There's any number of things that can cause a tablesaw to vibrate, from a bad belt, loose/bent/broken pulley, undercarriage loose, bad arbor bearings, bad blade, etc. etc.

  1. Don't use the saw until you get it fixed and aligned properly.

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

Thank you for the informations.

I know it is the shaft because I tried with several blades and it is always the same thing. When I turn with my hand de shaft, I feel a irregular movement (probably the bearings).

When I bought this used table saw it was a good deal but I think it is now time for a good tune-up.

Thank you

Stephane Bourque

"BobS" a écrit dans le message de news: jC0hf.31928$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

Reply to