Table Saw Value

I've recently taken posession of a Delta contractor saw.

52' Unifense Several incerts for molding head cutter, dado blade, etc. Tennoning jig...the very heavy delta one Extension table

It's been used a lot but it's true and runs well (was 220 and I changed it to 110).

What's it worth?

Reply to
John Kent

It is worth whatever people are willing to pay.

Most equipment is between 40% and 70% of new, assuming good condition. Dado blades run from $30 to $300 new. Molding head cutters are worth a few bucks if you like and can use the pattern, about 5¢ if you can't. The saw bought new today would be about $900. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Saw one much as you describe, except it also had an over arm DC guard. No cutters or tendoning jig but had 3 inserts.

Auctioned for $400 (+ -). It would have gone for more (I would have bid) but SWMBO told me no more table saws.

Reply to
Mark

John,

Would be helpful to know the model number (36-444/5 series maybe?) and estimate the condition.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

ten gazillion dollars.

happy?

Reply to
Bridger

Been hanging out with the small fries again I see.....

Reply to
Bob S.

Ooooo! Ooooo! Ooooo!

I know this one.

PURPLE!

Was I right?

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Oh man! you never should have changed it to 110. Totally ruins the value you know;-}

Reply to
Montyhp

Reminds me of the joke about how many surrealists does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wait for it.....

But not TOO long....

LIGHTBULB!

Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

Nope. not even close.

*everybody* knows that if it's purple, and hums, it's an "electric grape".

And even the infrequent habituates of the wreck _can_ tell the difference between an electric grape and a table-saw.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

I'll give you 75 bucks for it.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

Larry, *WHAT* are you trying to do ??!! -- run the market up??

I figured $50 was a "good" price, above the shipping costs, that is.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi