Table Saw Outfeed Table

I've looked at the plans for a table saw outfeed table in an old ShopNotes. Are there any other plans on the Net that you folks would recommend?

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
dennisvogel

What kind of saw, contractor, cabinet, portable?

My very basic contractor's saw out feed table is simply two notched arms that attach with long versions of the bolts that hold the wings on. It's covered with laminate scraps left over from my router table project. I left a gap to allow my fence to slide between the saw table and the out feed table.

It's simple and pops off with 4 bolts and a 17mm socket.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Plans? I never thought of something that complex. Mine is a piece of laminate covered plywood. Two outer legs that fold. The side on the saw is just a support of pine that rests on the rails for the fence. Spring clamps hold it in place. Rout a slot for the miter.

Took about an hour to make and can be removed/replaced in about 15 seconds. Fold up the two legs and it takes up little space in a tight shop. Pics if you want them. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Dennis, You don't need plans, check out a few pictures and make it fit your saw. You can check out the one I built at:

O. My woodworking projects at:
the NAIL from e-mail to reply

Reply to
Ed. O.

Look at these two sites:

built an outfeed for my Unisaw, which was sort of a hybrid of the above two approaches. You can see some pics of my effort here:

Reply to
Dr. Seuss

Forgot--Delta contractor.

That sounds similar to the plans I saw.

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
dennisvogel

Reply to
dteckie

plans...which is, no doubt, why he asked for them.

Reply to
Chris Merrill

Dennis, It is only clean during picture taking time.

-- Ed. O. My woodworking projects at:

the NAIL from e-mail to reply

Reply to
Ed. O.

Hi,

there's a very nice plan for an outfeed table in this:

bought this mag for the drill press table plans in it. )

Hope this helps,

Todd

Reply to
Todd Seidenberg

Mon, Sep 15, 2003, 5:15pm snipped-for-privacy@patmedia.net (Dennis= snipped-for-privacy@patmedia.net) asks: I've looked at the plans for a table saw outfeed table in an old ShopNotes. Are there any other plans on the Net that you folks would recommend?

Something even simpler. You got a kid? Anywhere from about 8 yo, up? That's all you need. My grandfather would rip lumber and plywood, and I would act as an outfeed table/handler. No prob

JOAT Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 15 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

Uh, wish I could take credit for that but it was Ed. O. that sent that. Look above at the attribution. I was just the addressee.

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
dennisvogel

Hah. Now I feel better about my shop. I better not let SWMBO see your pics!

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
dennisvogel

Nah, take it easy on him, he's right. "Plans" was probably not the right word. A few good photos and rough sizes is usually good enough for most things. The photos have been pretty good. Sometimes a parts list is good for hidden or specialized hardware but for a OF table, I think I can go from the photos. Most variations seem to be how the table is attached to the saw.

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
dennisvogel

Yep. Thanks. I wish they had a few pics so I could see what I was buying.

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
dennisvogel

Something even simpler. You got a kid? Anywhere from about 8 yo, up? That's all you need. My grandfather would rip lumber and plywood, and I would act as an outfeed table/handler. No prob

Great idea. When can your kid or grandfather come over and help out? Tomorrow morning OK?

As you may have guessed from the original request I've got no kids, fathers, or grandfathers around to help. It's just me. That's why I need an outfeed table.

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
dennisvogel

2 or 3 times I've tried this. Despite my instructions, "Don't pull, just hold, especially don't put sideways pressure" the results were suboptimal. The last time my SWMBO helped the cut ended up with a noticable curve -- a good trick for a table saw & rip fence. I thanked her for her help, jury-rigged an outfeed support for that sawing session, & dropped $20 on my next trip to the Borg on an outfeed roller. Much better results.

I dunno, maybe my helpers just wanted to see what kickback looks like... ;-)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde