table saw insert

I have the Bosch 4000 t/s. If anyone has made a zero tolerance insert, how did you duplicate the little tabs on the under side, like the factory insert. What material did you use? Patt
I don't know about the Bosch saw, but I have made inserts using plywood or mdf for a Delta contractors saw. Use the old insert as a pattern. First bandsaw out slightly larger and then use a router in a table with a pattern following bit to cut to the exact size. You will probably need to build a jig with hold down clamps to safely hold the patten (old insert) and the one you are cutting together. Use small screws to adjust the height. I presume the tabs you are talking about adjust the height. Somewhere in this group I have seen someone post a message with a link to a website with pictures.
Patt wrote:

They sell zero clearance inserts for that saw. Try http://www.coastaltool.com that's where I got my ZC insert.
Pete C.