Table Saw Fence Replacement

I have Grizzly G1023Z cabinet saw with a fence that leaves a lot to be desired and I want to upgrade. What do members of this group recommed?

Reply to
mcraigdavis

I recommend you upgrade.

If you want a suggested style, probably the easiest to obtain, use, and or one that has a good reputation would be the Beismeyer or one of its clones. There are many other quality fences available.

Reply to
Leon

I agree with Leon, A Beismeyer fence is very good choice. You have to fuss a little with the installation of the rails and such, but once done it's solid and accurate. A good fence can "make or break" a table saw.

Reply to
Phisherman

Biesemeyer is close enough to perfect for me. You'll be amazed at the difference.

DonkeyHody "Even an old blind hog finds an acorn every now and then."

Reply to
DonkeyHody

recommed?

Don't know if it can be retrofited to your saw or not, but I have a UniFence, it works for me.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Grizzly has replacement fences as well.

Lee Michaels

I really like my Incra TS-LS.

'm using the 50-inch version on a Jet cabinet saw with a router in the right-hand extension. Fence position is adjustable in 1/32-inch increments. The calibrated, click-stop micro-adjust turns a 32-pitch leadscrew, and permits movement in about 1/1000-inch increments.

The feature I use most, since I'm so horribly disorganized, is its ability to be reset to a given position exactly very quickly (assuming you've made a note of that position somewhere). I also use the slots on the fence top and face a lot to mount jigs.

It does have its idiosyncracies. For example, adjusting the face of the fence to be perpendicular to the table requires trial-and-error shimming. I had to purchase a few sizes of shim stock to do that. And adjusting it to be parallel to the miter slots takes some patience. But once set up, it is solid and repeatable.

I replaced the Jet-branded Biesemeyer that came with my saw. My primary motivation for purchasing the TS-LS was for use with the router, and I also purchased the joinery system to go with it for that reason. As good as this fence is for the table saw, it is absolutely fabulous with the router.

I probably would not have gone to the expense just for use on the table saw. The Biesemeyer is easy to adjust, stays in alignment very well, and locks down very solidly. I was on the verge of adopting Kelly Mehler's method of attatching jigs to the Biesemeyer, which I'm sure would work very well.

Reply to
Art Greenberg

I understand that one of the Grizzly upgrades is a Bessy clone I believe it was reviewed by one of the major wood working magazines and rated highly. Grizzly offers two fences, one is model G9220, the other is G4122. Has anyone had any experience with these. They are considerably cheaper than a Bessy fence, in the $250-$300 range.

Reply to
Dust Maker