Table saw blade slipping

I have a Delta model 34-670 table saw with a blade slipping problem, so I replaced the drive belt inside the motor housing. But there is still a slight whooping sound when the saw is turned on, so I don't know if the problem was corrected. Is there anything besides the belt in the drive train that could be worn out and causing the problem? Delta's technician wasn't too helpful over the phone.

Is the arbor nut tight on the blade?
On 27 Feb 2004 02:58:11 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BUB 209) wrote:

Are you sure your arbor washer (washer between the arbor nut and blade) isn't worn out? One my Jet, I wear out about one of these every couple of years. When you tighten and loosen it often enough, and especially if you crank it too hard, the washer flattens and loses it's ability to grip. I especially have this problem when messing with dadoes a lot. Part of my problem is I think Jet's metal is a little too soft, don't know if Delta has the same problem.
Are you using a good quality and SHARP blade?