Sure sign maybe you've done too much woodworking?

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/A6Zyt5ua6kDhekvZVdgt8dMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
(and no, it was never used to hammer nails or pointed objects ...)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/A6Zyt5ua6kDhekvZVdgt8dMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

You Beast! You Animal! Remind me to not get on your bad side. ;-)
On 3/18/2013 4:56 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

On 3/18/2013 5:06 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

LOL ... as in "pound to fit"?? LOL
Au contraire ... actually, it is just the opposite. The act of actually wearing out a dead blow hammer is what allows me to make the following observation. ;)
The more initial precision in the fitting of parts, the greater the likelihood of some difficulty in getting them apart when testing a joint for fit.
Add just an imperceptible bow in the components of a joint of any length, and a tap with a dead blow hammer to disassemble is an indispensable part of test fitting.
And of course, apparently sub par material used in this day and age, even in an Estwing tool, is partly to blame.
--
On Monday, March 18, 2013 2:26:32 PM UTC-5, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/A6Zyt5ua6kDhekvZVdgt8dMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

You shoulda made a nice sandwich.