Sure sign maybe you've done too much woodworking?

(and no, it was never used to hammer nails or pointed objects ...)

Reply to
Swingman

You done killed a deadblow hammer??

You Beast! You Animal! Remind me to not get on your bad side. ;-)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Maybe a little more time on precision measurments? ;-)

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

You shoulda made a nice sandwich.

Reply to
Gramp's shop

LOL ... as in "pound to fit"?? LOL

Au contraire ... actually, it is just the opposite. The act of actually wearing out a dead blow hammer is what allows me to make the following observation. ;)

The more initial precision in the fitting of parts, the greater the likelihood of some difficulty in getting them apart when testing a joint for fit.

Add just an imperceptible bow in the components of a joint of any length, and a tap with a dead blow hammer to disassemble is an indispensable part of test fitting.

And of course, apparently sub par material used in this day and age, even in an Estwing tool, is partly to blame.

Reply to
Swingman