Super Shop Lathe?

I saw an ad for a used Supershop wood lathe. The owner says it's a model 13455. I spent some time Googling and can only find info on a model 720 All In One machine like a Shopsmith - no standalone lathe. Nothing at OWWM either. The picture the owner has posted looks like a standalone lathe rather than a combo machine.
Has anyone ever heard of a Supershop standalone lathe?
My Christmas HF bottom feeder lathe is still in the box, so I'm thinking if the Supershop is a decent lathe, I might be better off with it and take the HF back for a refund.
-jj
--
Remove BOB to email me

It was made by http://www.smithy.com/ , people like their HF lathes, no doubt you bought yours from reading about them in public forums like this one and seeing the price, what the heck if a lot of other more expensive ones are made in the same country? But, I bet that Smithy super shop is a lot better made and has nice slow speeds with lots of torque. You ask them about spare parts.
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
AAvK wrote:

Thanks. I found that website when googling, but they do not mention a standalone lathe. The lathe pic they show is the setup on the combo machine. Still looking for info on the standalone.
-jj
--
Remove BOB to email me