strong joint in curved wood

Heaven knows where any of you might find an application for this, but I had to come up with a way to make a very strong joint in lieu of bentwood for a convertible top bow on an old car, and I think it turned out pretty well. Imagine a 2X2 at roughly 90 degrees, or actually any angle you want. The slots were made on a 10" table saw with a 12" piece of melamine bolted to the rip fence, a lot of caution, and a good dust mask. http://www.edswoods.com/appendix.html
Neat, but nothing new. Ever look at glue lams?

I always thought glue lams were struc- tural beams. Is there more to it than that?
Glued Laminations in generic. Rather than bend where the rate is too rapid, they make laminated fingers to join two pieces. Finger joints are also the rage any place optical scanners choose the cuts on lower grade and therefore presumably cheaper lumber.

Nice job, it pays to use one's imagination!
Nice job!
--
Rumpty

Thanks, but if you try it, just remember it's a pain in the ass.