Strengt of Plywood?

Hi

Just how stong is plywood?

Say I have a drower, where the sides are 4mm thick (0.1575inch) plates. Wil l they hold?

It will be 20cm tall (~8inch), 46cm wide (~18inch) and 43cm deep (~17inch). I will use some wood to build the construction, which is - some to the sid ed and a screw though both wood and plywood to a supporting piece of wood u nder the plywood bottom of the drawer.

But still it will be "hanging" in plywood only. Just hwo strong is this?

WBR Sonnich

Reply to
Sonnich Jensen

If your wife is putting pillows in it, you are OK. If you are going to store your anvil collection, I'd go heavier. Plywood is rigid and strong though, but I'd personally go thicker.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Just how stong is plywood?

Say I have a drower, where the sides are 4mm thick (0.1575inch) plates. Will they hold?

It will be 20cm tall (~8inch), 46cm wide (~18inch) and 43cm deep (~17inch). I will use some wood to build the construction, which is - some to the sided and a screw though both wood and plywood to a supporting piece of wood under the plywood bottom of the drawer.

But still it will be "hanging" in plywood only. Just hwo strong is this?

WBR Sonnich

bw

Will they hold?

ch). I will use some wood to build the construction, which is - some to the sided and a screw though both wood and plywood to a supporting piece of wo od under the plywood bottom of the drawer.

Thanks.

It is for my caravan, so - it will be jumpy somehow. Any ideas how thick I should go?

They will hold clothes for our trips. I calculated the room as app 45 litre s. Looking at the internet for 45 liters bags Id expect some 10 maybe even

15 kg if we go high.

I could use something else, if there is a good lightweight material.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Sonnich Jensen