STREET LUGE

http://www.shrox.com/shxstreetlugeassm.html
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS: Before you test this, take out a really huge insurance policy, and make me the beneficiary.
JOAT A highbrow is a person educated beyond his intelligence. - Brander Matthews
Yeah - I saw some guys (and one young lady) racing these against the clock in Long Beach several years ago. All kinds of insurance is in order.
On Wed, 11 May 2005 02:46:57 -0400, the inscrutable snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) spake:

I built a much, much less fancy one of those as a boy in Arkansas. I asked Dad, Air Force pilot, how to go faster and he told me to reduce the drag. I oiled up the wheels and built a better skateboard.
The end of an orange crate got a 1x4x24 board nailed to the bottom so my butt fit in between the 2x2s, and a metal-wheeled skate was nailed to the bottom of that. I layed down on the thing and beat every skateboard on LRAFB going down the hill in front of my house. Crashes and burns were much easier on me, too, with the rounded curbs they used there.
Those things have come a long way since I thought 'em up. It's too bad I didn't go into manufacturing on them 40 years ago. I'd be rich now and could buy Bosch and Altendorf tools! <vbg>
---------------------------------------------- CAUTION: Driver Legally B l o n d (e) http://www.diversify.com Web Database Development ======================================================

MY LORD! You just brought back a bunch of old memories. I had forgotten about these forrunners to the go-cart.

I am detecting an ethical lapse and definite conflict of interest. . . :)
Saw a ditty on the tube the other night where a guy set a record of 98mph on one. It was auxiliary powered by several small rockets. First burn he damned near creamed the guardrail in a fishtail, 2nd burn worked just fine. Dude was freaking crazy IMO!!! Grandpa John