step molding

I recently replaced some indoor steps that were covered with wall to wall carpet.. I used composite wood steps clad with an oak veenir which I stained. The steps look fine but the seams between the steps and the wallboard do not. The seams are very small but I was looking for a suggestion as to how to dress them up better. The nose od the steps are rounded of course so regular molding will not work. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
tolbiny wrote:

Normally, the stairway is built in a manner so you don't have the steps butting against drywall (Check out a book at the library).
I really don't know what to recommend, other than painstakingly cutting molding to fit around the steps, because I'm sure you don't want to rip out what you've already done.

If the nose hangs over let's say 1", you could make a molding 1 1/4" tall and run it across the treads, cut out the nose the thickness of your molding, turn the molding down the riser and continue all the way down the stairs. The nose would look like it dies against your new molding. I know this would be a pain to do but given your situation, I can't think of a fix that would be less of a pain.
Mike O.