Steam powered woodworking

Page 2 of 2
That factory was not as scary at the cedar shake factory I once toured. It was from the 1800's. Most of it looked like this factory except there was an ancient electric motor driving all the shafts. The one thing that made me cringe was the final operation where the shingles were cut. There was an totally unguarded band saw where the operator diagonally cut a 1" by 2' billet. Reaching around the blade as he pushed it in one side and pulled it out the other.
On Mon, 06 May 2013 17:13:13 +0000, Spalted Walt