Stanley 10 1/2 C for $225?

I saw this plane at an antique show this weekend. It's got the corrugated sole, which *appeared* to be authentic.
Is this a reasonable price? It was in good condition.
JP
I was at an auction yesterday and they had a bunch of planes with corrugated soles. What is that good for? (Didn't pay any attention to what they went for)

Alex

that....

http://www.supertool.com/ then click "Patrick's Blood and Gore", it the ultimate Stanley hand plane learning site, very nice for free too. Alex

Just what is a corrugated sole _for_ on a rebate plane ? I do timber framing in green larch, which must be just about the worst case for resin troubles, and I've never had cause for one.

Collect or use ? More than I'd pay for a user, but it seems reasonable for a collector-grade corrugated, if you're into that stuff. My last #10 1/2 cost me 60 (what's that ? $100 ?)

Always hard to tell on the #10s. Watch for cracks on the mouth (I've been known to Magnaflux them) and watch out for remaining iron lifetime.
What's the best option for replacement irons on a #10 1/2 ? I bought my last one wide and ground it down, which is a bit of a chore. Is anyone making them ready-to-wear ?
snipped-for-privacy@codesmiths.com (Andy Dingley) writes:

If Ron Hock doesn't stock 'em, he'll make 'em for a price.
scott
On 16 Jul 2004 02:47:47 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@codesmiths.com (Andy Dingley) wrote:
<snip>

I got one from Ron Hock last week. Well, actually I bought it through Craftsman Studios (their part number HBP010), but it's a Hock iron. He makes and heat-treats that style locally (at least he did the one I got), so it's not ground flat after HT. As a result the back needed flattening, but, as of now, it's doing a fine job.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA