Source of Plywood Fretwork?

Hi all, first post, hope it works okay. :-)

I'm fitting out a boat and want to make some removable fretwork radiator covers. I can only find MDF or Hardboard ready made fretwork panels on sale. I've tried one or two suppliers but they tell me the nobody does ply as the machining tends to make it splinter. I can't believe however that nobody can do this so here's my question:

Please could you recommend a supplier for oak faced ply fretwork panels? Size about 6mm x 1000mm x 800mm but I can adjust the frame dimensions if needed.

Thanks,

Alan

Reply to
Alan M Tait

radiator

Have you checked into a laser cutter? It leaves a nice black edge to camouflage the plys. I'm not sure if they charge by the minute or by the inch(mm) so you'll need to check around.

Reply to
Norm Underwood

Norm, thanks for the idea, it does sound interesting. However, initial (one) enquiries where dismissed out of hand by the one local company I found with a CNC laser cutter. The set-up cost would be sky high and they weren't too keen as they thought their machine could 'catch fire'!

I should perhaps have included in my original post that I'm in the UK so any suppliers would probably need to be UK based as well.

Alan

Reply to
Alan M Tait