Source for Cherry Plywood

I've made carcases for cherry cabinets out of birch plywood on the (foolish, as it turns out) assumption that I could face the sides of outside cabs later with 1/8" cherry plywood. Turns out, Rockler only sells lengths to 32", and I've asked elsewhere without success. Anyone out there have a source for 1/8" cherry ply?

Reply to
thosmore

I know of a couple of places near me. Where are you located?

Reply to
Nova

Southern Illinois. But I'm more than willing to pay shipping.

Reply to
thosmore

Try

If all else fails,
should be able to fix you up.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Northern Ill, theres a place called Owl Hardwood owlhardwood.com In Highland Ill. theres a place called Wicks Aircraft. They may not sell cherry, but worth a phone call. They do however sell very thin plywood, down to .4 mm.

Reply to
Lou

Try these folks

Markem
[...]

1/8" cherry VC G1S is a standard item that most plywood distributors = should have in stock. I've used it on ceilings. They also carry 3/4" & = 1/2" cherry G1S with a shop birch backer, that's good for finished ends = on cabinets.

Trouble is, they only sell wholesale, and won't deliver to your house, = or allow you to pickup unless you have a business.

A local cabinet shop would probably be willing to order it for you. I = do this often for guys in town, and have made some good contacts this = way. Once almost got a ride in a '31 Morgan as a thanks, 'cept I = couldn't fit in it.

Also, big box home centers might be willing to special order it for you.

--=20 Timothy Juvenal

VibraJet

Owl hardwoods is also located in Lombard. I shop there often, they always have cherry and other hardwood ply and veneers in stock!

Reply to
Jon

Thruway Hardwoods & Plywood Corp.

47 Anderson Rd, Cheektowaga, NY 14225

Freephone: +1 800 841 8921 Telephone: +1 716 893 9663 FAX: +1 176 893 9680 snipped-for-privacy@thruwayhardwood.com

Nova

Can I count this as a recommendation for this place? I live in North West Indiana and was thinking of driving there for my next project. The only other place near by is a Woodcraft.

Reply to
yugami

Thanks to all who posted. Boulter Plywood turned out to be a winner.

thosmore

Veneer is the hands down Premium Cherry Plywood Manufacturer in the WORLD!!!

Vertical Integration and Private Company Held Premium Timberlands is the start the zero defect and quality control mindset shows excelent results! tHEY ALSO SELL 6,7,8,10,12 FOOT LONG 4-5' WIDE IN ANY SPECIE \

FSC CERT. TOO!

Reply to
ryan

We supply some of the cherry to OWL.

ryan

snipped-for-privacy@select-veneer.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e67g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

You just lost any potential sale you might have made. Suggesting your product in response to a query is one thing, flooding a news group is another.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Agreed, Greg. Killfile

Reply to
Tanus

This guy is not only spamming the wreck, he sent me an e-mail pushing his plywood. Why me? Well, he quoted a post I made in this group in 2002! I followed his link and reported him to GoogleBase, whatever that is. Hopefully, they will pull his site from their servers. If he got to me, I assume there must be others he spammed.

Reply to
Phil Anderson