Source for Antique Brass "Stars"

I am currently working on a project for my son (who is three). I would like to put some sort of accent pieces that he would enjoy on it but I can't seem to find what I am looking for and thought that I would ask you kind folks. I am looking for some brass 5-point stars with an antique brass finish (can be bright finish if that is all I can find). The ones I have in-mind have a "three dimensional" look and have sorta a low point in the center where the rays from the points converge - tough to describe. I would like them to be about 1" from point to point. I have flexibility in terms of attachment method.
Anyone have any idea where I might put my hands on something like this?
Thanks in advance for your time . . .

How about 3/4"? The Cub Scouts and/or Boy Scouts have pins similar to what you mean, check for badges. You can tarnish them with careful use of a propane torch.
I did a google search on "brass stars" and the first link had some that sound very similar to what you're looking for -
http://www.brettunsvillage.com/trunks/howto/parts/nails.htm
about half-way down the page.
They look like tacks, so I'm not sure how durable they are.
Anyway, my point is - Google is a good place to start.
Mike

On 10 Nov 2004 13:39:39 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Larry Fox) wrote:

A good upholstery supplier will have some nails like this (roses at least, if not stars). For the really pointy stuff, talk to a leatherworker and rivet or insert them into pre-drilled holes.
--
Smert' spamionam