Sotheby's Important 20th Century Design Auction

Some lovely pieces up for auction. Might pick up one of those nice Greene & Greene chairs (700-900k) or perhaps some nice Nakashima....
http://www.sothebys.com/app/paddleReg/paddlereg.do?dispatch=eventDetails&event_id (295

The Nakashima looks tempting, and almost affordable.
WTH is Charlotte Perriand, and why are those so expensive for ugly simplistic stuff that looks like I knocked it up one evening to keep my beer off the floor?
I'll happily take the George Nakashima "A Superb "Minguren I" Dining Table", but 120K to 190K is a bit high for this payday.

Many MANY drool-grade pieces in there..and some pure crap.
A genuine Mies van der Rohe steel table..... damn, what I wouldn't pay for that...wait...I KNOW what I wouldn't pay for that..<G> That Greene & Greene stuff looks great...and that Gustav Stickly piece will certainly meet reserve... I have the appreciation and desire... all I need is a few bucks.
Most of those pieces desereve a place by the side of the road on Monday morning with the rest of the trash. by the way did george ever make a piece worth a dam, like a maloof chair cannot figure where the arms are .....mjh

http://www.sothebys.com/app/paddleReg/paddlereg.do?dispatch=eventDetails&event_id (295