Soon! Tripped over some wood

My wife and I drove a cargo van load of tools and etcetera down to Virginia yesterday.

We had to move some old plywood to use to slide a tablesaw into the shop (by the way, Ford cargo van doors are NOT 4' wide at the base: We ended up using

2x4s). Kept tripping over some chunks of wood. Then I remembered. That stuff is 6 to 8' long cherry, 10/4 x 8". About 4 pieces.

It will be FINE to get back. I checked around and there's enough wood there to keep me busy until the first load I buy next month is dry in a year or so.

I need to make a couple kitchen cabinets and a new computer desk, so had best get to drawing in my spare time.

Charlie Self

You sound like a happy man again ... congratulations!

Reply to
Swingman

Soon. Move is scheduled now for 6/15, return the truck 6/16. THEN...enjoy. Of course, I also have to replace a potload of tools I got rid of when job loss city hit. But I'll be in a real shop again when I do replace them, and I am not about to go anywhere again, at least for any projected long term living that requires me to move more than 3 suitcases.

Charlie Self

First time I've heard of using cherry tubas to slide a TS around. Different folks for different strokes... Have fun. May you live for a thousand years and may the last voice you hear be mine, saying, "Ooo. Nice work Charlie." mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

jo4hn responds:

Not the ones used for sliding the saw out. Those were good old fashioned tubas, from either HD, Lowe's or some other place. I always seem to have a dozen or 2 around. What I tripped over was more like 2-1/2" x 8" x 6' and 8' cherry. It is stronger than the pine, I'm sure, and is unplaned, but ain't no way...

Charlie Self

After what you've been through the last couple of years it good to hear you're going back to the old shop and a place you enjoy.

Nova

I love that quote! You just caused me to download the works of Mr. Bierce from Project Gutenberg.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Clutch responds:

Enjoy. Bierce was one of the wittiest writers of all time.

Charlie Self "The test and the use of man's education is that he finds pleasure in the exercise of his mind." Jacques Barzun

Reply to
Charlie Self

On 29 May 2004 15:35:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) stated wide-eyed, with arms akimbo:

Amen. I own a copy of the dictionary in question.

- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry.

Larry Jaques

Well, there's also H.L. Mencken...

I suppose it's part of human nature that those who disparage and mock convention, like Bierce, Mencken, Twain, are considered greater wits than those who support and foster civilization and manners. At least Aesop used animals, so as not to directly insult human feelings.

Reply to
George

And who would those be? Or are they forgotten in the blink of an eye, because they are fostering an ephemeral ideal for a single group, one with which too few people identify. Who are we writing about here, though? Jerry Falwell? Pat Robertson? Swaggert? Bakker? Or will we go with Art Buchwald? He's cheerful enough for an old Marine, funny as hell...and has a jaundiced eye on the human condition. Dave Barry? Something of a non-commentator on the overall human condition.

Umh. If being compared to a fox, bear, or other animal isn't insulting.

Charlie Self "The test and the use of man's education is that he finds pleasure in the exercise of his mind." Jacques Barzun

Reply to
Charlie Self

The reader is left to make the comparison, the writer makes no such.

See how that works?

For the rest, it's the philosophical equivalent of "taxing the rich," since you either missed or ignored the point. As if the quote you employed had been modified to: "The test and the use of man's education is that he finds pleasure in the

Reply to
George