Snowshoes

I have an old pair of snowshoes that are in need of repair. What is the type of varnish used on the wood and thong to protect from wetness?

Thanks.

Reply to
Guess who

Hi GW,

Try a marine (i.e sea, not G.I.) varnish.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Here's a link to an article from "Snowshoe Magazine" entitled "Traditional Snowshoe Care and Maintenance". It gives suggestions on what finish to use.

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova