sniping with handheld electric planer

Can't really figure out what's physically happening with my Bosch 3X" planer, it invariably leaves a 1/8" snipe as soon as the forward bed goes over the edge
of the wood unless you deftly lift the tool up at the last second, and I'm not that deft. There's no adjustment on the back bed and the blades are of the double edged, throwaway variety so there's only one fixed position they install in. Maybe the front bed is cocked? Hadn't thought of that. Be right back. Nope, it checks out with a straightedge. Who knows?

Be sure to put the down pressure on the rear sole before finishing the cut. Use your straightedge to be certain that the cutting edge arc is even with the rear sole.
I've got the same problem but only since I replaced the blades

Exactly. Is yours a Bosch?
On 16 Jan 2004 13:10:20 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BUB 209) Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

sounds like the knives are proud of the soul of the tool, , ,

probably what Bosch customer service would say...think I'll call them though. "Please gif me your exact model number. Ya ve did make zer slight change in blade size zer following year."