Smoothing, trueing countertop edge?

I'm working on a countertop to replace the original that was water damaged. The countertop is sort of "D" shaped with the straight side over the cabinets and the curved side like a bar. I traced the original and jig sawed it out, now I want to true up and smooth the edge.
Should I use a belt sander or planer?
Are there edge sanding guides for belt sanders?
Thanks!
RogerN wrote:

just a guide bushing?
Fred
I agree with Fred. Use a router with edge guide. First cut a template to the shape you want, then bung the guide up against it and have at it.