Smoothing aluminum table saw top

Page 2 of 2
I'd like to thank everybody for the comments.
What I ended up doing was a good cleaning with mineral spirits, then LIGHTLY went over it with some 600grit & water, then, again very lightly with a 1 micron fiber optic polish sheet & water. Let it dry & Johnson's paste wax.
The top feels as smooth as glass.
Thanks again for the responses.
Mike O.