Small Shop - will it work . . .

Page 2 of 2

22 x 20? Luxury!
We just willingly moved into a new house with a 13 x 15 room in the basement, which is now the workshop. With a little planning, it's amazing what you can do. We moved from a place we were renting that had pretty much the same square footage, but also housed the oil furnace, oil tank, and washer and dryer, as well as having a #%^&$ concrete pillar in a really inconvenient place. Drill press is on wheels and is a cinch to sling around, as is the 2 x 3 router table. There's also a 3 x 6 hardwood workbench, a big desk, and the requisite pegboards. All the portable power tools are in solid, old-school metal filing cabinets on wheels, just in case. Table saw is in the middle of the floor, with lots of room all around it to move and swing lumber. Wood is stored in the garage. Yes, I wish it were bigger, but it certainly is not cramped, despite being small on paper.
Bob
Travel and Astronomy Photos www3.sympatico.ca/bomo
--

"Steve DeMars" <no_spam_4 snipped-for-privacy@cox.net> wrote in message

Take my word for it, having a shop is a luxury.

I got back into wood last year after having all my power tools in storage for 8 years.... All things being relative, my over-stuffed 2 car garage seems like an auditorium now..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing