Slightly OT: The Canadian Tire couple are gone... Huzzah

<http://ctv2.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060309.wcantire03 09/business/Business/businessBN/ctv-business>
"³We've injected a little more wit, a little personality, a little charm ‹ something that we felt was missing,² said Lance Martin, associate creative director at Taxi Advertising and Design."
No shit, Sherlock...
--
Talking about art is like dancing about architecture - Frank Zappa

Add pictures here
✖
Hello Dave, (First, thanks for quoting FZ) Who are the Canadian Tire Couple who have been mentioned at various times in this group? I was not able to load the link provided. Thanks in advance for this future enlightenment.
Marc
Add pictures here
✖
On 09/03/2006 9:50 PM, marc rosen wrote:

If you can find the video of Rick Mercer demonstrating the Canvasser Prod as the Canadian Tire guy, watch it.
Tom: What's that Bob? Bob: It's an electric Canvasser Prod, new from Canadian Tire. Tom: Canvassser Prod? How's that work? Bob: Just like a cattle prod, just 700 more volts. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt!!!!!
Add pictures here
✖
The Dave Balderstone entity posted thusly:

<Pumping fist in air> Yes!!

Hmm... I always remembered this as "Talking about music is like dancing about architecture - Frank Zappa"
A quick Googling reveals quite a few variations, as well as a few different attributions... Elvis Costello and Steve Martin to name two.
Add pictures here
✖

Ffffffukkin' A!!!!

Beethoven was so deaf that every time he was playing the piano, he thought he was painting.
Add pictures here
✖

But-but-but... I found it on the Interweb, it MUST be true!
;-)
Your version makes more sense coming from Frank.
Add pictures here
✖

Rick Mercer's parody of CTC's Yarderizer was pretty funny.
http://www.cbc.ca/mercerreport/backissues.html
November 8 2004
The theme song was: "Don't Start With Me"
I have a feeling many Canadians, like me, would dive for the remote when those commercials would come on the air. I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but when I do, I sure as hell don't want to be bombarded by those ads.
This is funny too: http://www.airfarce.com/video/031231.html
Add pictures here
✖