Slightly OT: The Canadian Tire couple are gone... Huzzah

"³We've injected a little more wit, a little personality, a little charm ? something that we felt was missing,² said Lance Martin, associate creative director at Taxi Advertising and Design."

No shit, Sherlock...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Hello Dave, (First, thanks for quoting FZ) Who are the Canadian Tire Couple who have been mentioned at various times in this group? I was not able to load the link provided. Thanks in advance for this future enlightenment.

Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

If you can find the video of Rick Mercer demonstrating the Canvasser Prod as the Canadian Tire guy, watch it.

Tom: What's that Bob? Bob: It's an electric Canvasser Prod, new from Canadian Tire. Tom: Canvassser Prod? How's that work? Bob: Just like a cattle prod, just 700 more volts. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt!!!!!

Reply to
Doug Payne

The Dave Balderstone entity posted thusly:

Yes!!

Hmm... I always remembered this as "Talking about music is like dancing about architecture - Frank Zappa"

A quick Googling reveals quite a few variations, as well as a few different attributions... Elvis Costello and Steve Martin to name two.

Reply to
Oleg Lego

Ffffffukkin' A!!!!

Beethoven was so deaf that every time he was playing the piano, he thought he was painting.

Reply to
Robatoy

But-but-but... I found it on the Interweb, it MUST be true!

;-)

Your version makes more sense coming from Frank.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Rick Mercer's parody of CTC's Yarderizer was pretty funny.

8 2004

The theme song was: "Don't Start With Me"

I have a feeling many Canadians, like me, would dive for the remote when those commercials would come on the air. I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but when I do, I sure as hell don't want to be bombarded by those ads.

This is funny too:

Robatoy