Sliding Medicin Chest Mirror (help)

Okay, it's not a medicine chest yet. Newly remodeled bathroom, hole in the wall centered above the sink, gorgeous mirror covering the hole in the wall. Standard medicine cabinet will not fit because of 2 inch vent stack passing vertically up through the middle. Cannot be changed.
Anyway, since SHMBO loves the mirror, here is what I would like to do: 1) Build my own cabinet using 1/4" stock, allowing for the 2" pipe intrusion. 2) Put the mirror on some kind of 'glide' so, in order to open it, one would simply slide it along the wall from left to right.
Mirror is approximately 24" tall and 18 inches wide. I need help recommending "glides". I was thinking something along the lines of the system used to support fine cabinet drawers. Maybe something simpler is available. All suggestions and links greatly appreciated.
Ivan Vegvary

to slid in. That may work for you.
Talk to a glass supply shop. They could help you.
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page "75
On 03/11/2010 01:35 PM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

1) Frame mirror in wooden frame. (If it isn't already.)
2) Mount 18" full extension drawer slides behind the frame, top and bottom. One part screws to the frame, the other part to the wall. This will space the back of the frame 1/2" away from the wall. If that's too much space, you could recess the slide into the frame somewhat.
Chris

Chris, Thanks for your reply. Very useful. Yes, the mirror is already framed.
Ivan Vegvary
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:15:06 -0600, the infamous Chris Friesen

Or epoxy a large wooden flat behind it if you want a glass edge.

Yeah, what he said, but space the mirror out a scosh and hide the single top slide behind a cover. Install a rubber-tired roller on the bottom for contact. It'll leave the wall cleaner.
-- There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder. --Ronald Reagan