Skil may have something worth taking a second look at.

Page 1 of 2
http://www.skilxbench.com/video.htm
And if you order online you get a free trial membership to the HandyMan Club of America!
http://improve-usenet.org /

Oooh! Is a glu^h^h^h^h drill guide included?
Puckdropper

B O N U S ! ! ! ! ! LOL
Leon wrote:

Comparable item here, costs a little less. < http://www.tias.com/cgi-bin/google.fcgi/itemKey 23072181 >

Ice Hole! I actually went to take a look LOL... ;~)
Sucked me in too. Pretty funny tho..
--
Patrick Fischer
Olalla, WA
DS wrote:

Belly laugh! Good one.

Here is the same thing(sans siper cool Xbench name) for less at Sears. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00921243000P?keyword=skil
Paul Hastings wrote:

Didn't see the free ticket to Handyman Heaven though...
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:01:32 -0500, "Leon"
Careful Leon, part of the price tag on those Rotex sanders is the sensors to detect the presence of anything from Skil and innitiate the auto-destruct sequence. A pleasant voice with a German accent calmly announces "You clearly have no idea what you are doing. The tool will cease to function in 5, 4, 3..."
-Leuf

Yeah, I don't want to get my Domino near it. ;~)

Betcha the Domino has an auto lockdown feature on it when it gets by Chinese tools....
Robert

I can see that as a useful item. Skil is getting some positive exposure lately. My son-in-law gave a year's worth of Popular Science, (we love him dearly, but he doesn't quite 'get' what genuinely interests me just yet) and in the last issue was a URL which took me to Skil's site. Those guys have been busy! I have a 30-year old 1/2" Skil VS drill which I use as a nut-driver. It doesn't want to die. I also have a 7-1/4 Skil Saw which after 35 years only shows a run-out of .002. Great for cutting up 12-foot pallets and such.
I don't think we can count the Skil boys out just yet.
I dated the daughter of the Toronto area's Skil rep. The biggest head of curly red hair you've ever seen...and a temper to match.... but I digress.
"Robatoy" wrote

LOL ... know the feeling. MIL gave me what is apparently a self-renewing subscription to "The Family HANDYMAN" magazine.
Lots of stuff between the pages that even the DIY channel would not stoop to, but handy in the throne room in the event speculators drive up the price of TP.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/8/08

You never told me that you were a subscriber to HANDYMAN magazine. LOL.

My FIL took that rag for years. When you're a prisoner of the spouse's parents and desperate for ANYTHING that isn't Redbook or Southern Living (OK, I admit I looked at a Southern Living - ONCE!) and the closest decent magazine rack is 30 miles away in San Antonio, Handyman, like methadone, will get you by.
Speaking of rags, can I interest anybody in about 30 years of Road & Track? Does that make me a spammer?
Dave in Houston

I just tossed about 20 (years) of Popular Science into the garbahj.
JP ********************** (aka "recycling bin"...I'm *way* green)

I enjoy reading the old ones. Flying cars and all that.