Silicone glue brushes

Has anyone used the silicone glue brushes with epoxy? Does the glue pull off, or does it remove the bristles?

Preferably the Rockler, but I'll take any info.

Reply to
woodchucker

------------------------------------------------- Epoxy, that's why chip brushes were invented.

I bought them in 100 piece lots.

Less than $0.25 for a 2" brush.

Lew

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

OK ... I'll bite - what are chip brushes ? John T.

hubops

krw

... Thanks . same as these .. ?

John T.

hubops

----------------------------------------------------- Except for the price.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

------------------------------------------------- Epoxy, that's why chip brushes were invented.

I bought them in 100 piece lots.

Less than $0.25 for a 2" brush.

Lew

And epoxy will *definitely* pull the bristles out of them.

Reply to
Tdacon

------------------------------------------------- Wait till Spring when WALMART puts out their Spring merchandise.

You will be able to buy that ROCKLER silicone glue brush for about

1/2 the price at WALMART.

The only difference is that WALMART sells it as a bar-b-que sauce basting brush.

ROCKLER, my last choice supplier.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Woodcraft now has a silicon brush for $1.99. Comes in colors, too.

Larry

Reply to
Gramps' shop

------------------------------------------- Compared to a 2" chip brush, doubt it's worth a hoot for laying epoxy.

With even the best price multiple of 6:1, not worth serious consideration IMHO.

BTW, a silicone brush doesn't make a very good bar-b-cue brush IMHO.

Can't comment how it works with TiteBond.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

The silicone brushes work great with the PVA glues. They actually hold quite a bit of glue, the Woodcraft one, just long enough for it to flow out onto the work. Easy to clean and if you forget to clean it the dried glue pulls off with a bit of effort. Mine has helped me glue up about 9 pieces of furniture in the last year, not bad for $2.

Reply to
Leon

Apparently no one has tried one for that. If you do try it, let us know how it works out.

Reply to
G. Ross

Tried the One from Rockler. Some of the bristles came off with the glue.

Reply to
hairdad

with yellow or epoxy?

Reply to
woodchucker

I use the $1.98 silicone brush from Woodcrafter with 30 min epoxy works great. lit it dry overnight and the epoxy pulls right off the brush

Reply to
Marty Giblin

Finally an answer.. Thank you.

Reply to