Silicone glue brushes

Has anyone used the silicone glue brushes with epoxy? Does the glue pull off, or does it remove the bristles?
Preferably the Rockler, but I'll take any info.
--
Jeff

"woodchucker" wrote:

------------------------------------------------- Epoxy, that's why chip brushes were invented.
I bought them in 100 piece lots.
Less than $0.25 for a 2" brush.
Lew
Lew

OK ... I'll bite - what are chip brushes ? John T.
--- ---
On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 19:02:39 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.com wrote:

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=chip+brushes
On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 19:14:35 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

... Thanks . same as these .. ? http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p 045&cat=1,190,43034
John T.
--- ---

----------------------------------------------------- Except for the price.
Lew

------------------------------------------------- Wait till Spring when WALMART puts out their Spring merchandise.
You will be able to buy that ROCKLER silicone glue brush for about 1/2 the price at WALMART.
The only difference is that WALMART sells it as a bar-b-que sauce basting brush.
ROCKLER, my last choice supplier.
Lew
Woodcraft now has a silicon brush for $1.99. Comes in colors, too.
Larry
"Gramps' shop" wrote:

Compared to a 2" chip brush, doubt it's worth a hoot for laying epoxy.
With even the best price multiple of 6:1, not worth serious consideration IMHO.
BTW, a silicone brush doesn't make a very good bar-b-cue brush IMHO.
Can't comment how it works with TiteBond.
Lew
On 1/22/2014 11:19 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

The silicone brushes work great with the PVA glues. They actually hold quite a bit of glue, the Woodcraft one, just long enough for it to flow out onto the work. Easy to clean and if you forget to clean it the dried glue pulls off with a bit of effort. Mine has helped me glue up about 9 pieces of furniture in the last year, not bad for $2.

I use the $1.98 silicone brush from Woodcrafter with 30 min epoxy works great. lit it dry overnight and the epoxy pulls right off the brush
On 1/30/2014 4:13 AM, Marty Giblin wrote:

Finally an answer.. Thank you.
--
Jeff

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
------------------------------------------------- Epoxy, that's why chip brushes were invented.
I bought them in 100 piece lots.
Less than $0.25 for a 2" brush.
Lew
And epoxy will *definitely* pull the bristles out of them.
woodchucker wrote:

know how it works out.
--
 GW Ross

 Everyone is gifted, but some open the
Tried the One from Rockler. Some of the bristles came off with the glue.
On 1/24/2014 6:19 PM, hairdad wrote:

--
Jeff

Tite bond 3