Side shoulder planes

Page 2 of 2

Andy Dingley wrote:

I've given up the idea for getting one (you know how us WW'rs get near Christmas time--if we don't give our loved ones a list of goodies to buy us, they might get something decidedly UN-TOOL-LIKE) after hearing here that it isn't a common tool for a Neander to own. I'm only part-Neander, so I don't get to have ALL the cool "unplugged" stuff, but I'd like to have the necessities.
Dave

There's still plenty of "cool" unplugged stuff before you descend to the once-in-a-blue-moon uselessness of these side rebate planes.
Have you got a lightweight European (German) wooden scrub plane with a big horn front handle yet ? Now they're wonderful fun for releasing the inner galoot.
Andy Dingley wrote:

Dave
[...]

A very nice tool, but I had to add to mine (a fle-market buy) a hand protector, otherwise I ended up hurting thumb and index finger of the right hand in exerting the necessary force.