Shopsmith Mark V Model 510 Miter Gauge

Does any other brand of miter gauge fit on the Mark V? Sorry for the question but I want to get into woodworking and the Shopsmith I acquired if missing the Miter Gauge. So need to know if I can only use a replacement from Shopsmith or another brand.

Thanks

Reply to
Monty6819

Shopsmith's miter bars are not industry standard. They are a little less wide. Thus a standard miter guage will not work. However, a number of miter guage makers make a shopsmith version, including Incra. Further, there are almost always at least one shopsmith miter guage on sale on ebay.

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

In addition to the obvious choice of ordering a new miter gauge from Shopsmith, or the excellent suggestion of getting one at eBay, Shopsmith does sell their bars alone, in case you already have a favorite miter gauge that you might like to try and modify. But to your original question, Yes - Incra sells their Model 2000 (I believe, that's the model #) specifically setup for use on the Mark V. This is available directly from Shopsmith or from Woodpeckers, and I would imagine most anybody else that deals in Incra could order it in for you. Enjoy!

Fred Bearman Port Huron, Michigan

Reply to
Fred

Thank you all, I had checked out eBay and Shopsmith so I knew about those locations but did not know about the different size or that Incra sold a model for Shopsmith.

Now that I am aware of the different size I can shop around with a lot more knowledge. Thank you for helping someone who is trying to get into woodworking because I find it very relaxing and lots of fun..

Clyde

Reply to
Monty6819