Shop space available: Oakley, California

I am renting two workbench spaces in my well equipped woodworking workshop in Oakley, California. See pics and info here:

get their own 10=92 x 10=92 workbench space and access to all the equipment for $350 per month. The shop is intended for artisans, hobbyists or finish carpenter/ tradesmen. The shop is best equipped for furniture making but you could do cabinets, small fine work, etc.

We are not offering these spaces for any high production or manufacturing work that will stress the machinery with continuous operation type processes. Renters will be able to store wood material and leave in-process projects in areas outside their workbench space but no large amount of storage is available.

The shop is only open from 6:00 AM until midnight, 365 days a year.

If you are interested and would like more information please send your contact information to Bill Wallace at bwx100 AT Yahoo DOT com

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Oh, man. I'm in Dixon, which is just too far to justify the cost. But If I was close enough, I'd be on this like Mays on a fastball.

What I really need is a space ~22' X 8' ft to finish my wherry:

Zz Yzx

Good looking boat. Get too it!

If I didn't need/want help with the rent I would be building my first Chriscraft runabout in the space I an renting out. Probably won't build one until I retire but I will build and float a few of those before I am done.

SonomaProducts.com

>Renters get their own 10? x 10? workbench space and access to all the

What insurance setup allows that? What price increase over your own use? What company?

-- That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met, you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King

Reply to
Larry Jaques

State Farm right now but I am looking at another company. Didn't have my own before, I was in my garage so only home owners but I am renting this barn. My laywer also suggested an LLC as a second layer of protection so that is in process.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

I looked at the site. Very nice looking boat. But what is composite Chine?

Reply to
Gerald Ross

here:

> >The shop is only open from 6:00 AM until midnight, 365 days a year. Who's there to let them in, or will you give out keys?

Back when I wrenched for a body and frame shop in LoCal, they used to refer to those guys as Snake Farm. Lots of their clients ended up paying the shop out of their pockets for disallowed items, etc. Snake Farm wasn't very well liked as a result.

If you're renting the barn, you'd also better plan how you'll handle irate renters if the renting party decided they want twice the price for it, or decides they want to rent it to someone else.

Yes, the LLC sounds like a very good idea. It won't entirely protect you, or so I've heard, but it may save your home some day.

-- That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met, you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Zz Yzx wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Very good-looking. I liked the driver also!!

Reply to
Han

A "chine" is a sharp angle in the hull, as opposed to a rounded cross-section profile. The hull is built from precisely milled 1/8" plywood planks, which are attached to each other using "Stitch-and-Glue" techinque. The planks are drilled along the edges and literally stiched together with bailing wire, and the fit is tuned by the tension of the stiches. The chines are then filled with West epoxy resin with a fine powder filling, and subsequently strengthened with fiberglass cloth and epoxy.

It's a pretty amazing system. THe epoxy resin is amazing stuff.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Renters get full access so yes they have keys.

I have a lease but I am renting to others on month to month. I made sure my landlord was OK if I was sub-leasing before I signed; they added a few items to my contract and we were good to go.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com