Shoji lamp plans?

I'd like to build a shoji-style table lamp, and I'm loking for pointers on construction (magazine article, website, etc). I know the basics, but would like help in the interior part.
Thanks,
Andy Barss
Andrew Barss wrote:

Hi Andrew,
I assume you mean a table or floor lamp (as opposed to hanging it from the ceiling)?
Here's a link where you can download the plans for a very simple table-top shoji style lamp. Not much, but hope it helps.
As for the interior, if you mean in terms of the lamp socket, the ones I've seen have all been very simple - just an off the shelf lamp socket screwed to a flat base as shown in the plans above.
Just be careful when considering how the wattage of the bulb you use so you don't burn the screen - or worse :-)
Good luck
- MB
uuuummm... you forgot the link...?
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I was trying to find more useful plans online with no luck :-/
However, I did run across this commercial site that has lots of photos of shoji lanterns and sells the internal hardware and paper as well.
http://www.shojidecor.com /
Reagards,
MB

WAY too cool, thanks! Now have made the whole plan into a complete .PDF and it is uploaded to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking ... enjoy.