Shipping Furniture from coast to coast

Anyone know of a service or carrier where I could ship a delicate piece of furniture from coast to coast?
Two off the top of my head.
The packaging Store http://www.packstore.com /
Creaters & Freighters http://www.cratersandfreighters.com /

How big? How heavy? Can you crate it? Can it be knocked down for shipping?

I suggest you contact Thom Moser; they routinely ship quality furniture coast-to-coast and may have some advice and referrals for you.
scott
Google as this was discussed last week. I used Greyhound twice recently.
On 9 Jul 2004 12:13:28 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Jerry Lewis) wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Jerry Lewis) wrote in message

HI Jerry, Which coast to which coast? Jana
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Jerry Lewis) wrote in

I saw a crate built by Greg Smith, one of the faculty at College of the Redwoods, for a cabinet called, I think, 'Honduras Rose'. This is an oval cabinet, 30" high or so, and built to sufficient craftmanship to win "Best of Show' at a pretty serious woodworkers' show last year. The crate was virtually french fitted, and certainly the result of tens of hours of work, and years of design skill, in itself.
But then, being a gallery and show piece, this crate gets reused many times, and is part of the package, I would imagine, when this high-dollar creation goes to its eventual collector-buyer.
(We have delicate, old furniture pieces in our collection, but none would merit that kind of attention.)
Perhaps a call or visit to a local museum, university or gallery would be in order. They would certainly be better equipped to know the local resources available.