sherwin williams water borne lacquer

I am going to be spraying a set of kitchen cabinets soon. The last posts here on the Kem Aqua lacquer from Sherwin Williams was a few years ago. Has anybody had any recent experience with this product that they can share. I can get it locally for about $125/5 gal. can. Otherwise, I need to pick another brand and get it via the web. Hydrocote OK?

Thanks, Len

Reply to
l-lopez

Hi, Likely get an answer if you ask it on this forum. Cheers, JG

Reply to
JGS

Len: I've sprayed a lot of Hydrocote and Kem Aqua. My experience has been that the Kem Aqua product is very good & very consistent, but the local SW store is poor at servicing commercial contracts; product may take two weeks to arrive before I can pick it up at the store. (Prolly good at servicing homeowners and painting contractors). Hydrocote OTOH, has been very inconsistant in quality for me, although the local supplier, Hood Finishing, is very professional and a pleasure to deal with. Product is delivered the day after it is ordered. I've had Hydrocote thin as water and that won't cure, thick as pudding, with a brick of flatting agent at the bottom that won't mix in, contaminated with black specks, and contaminated with something causing fisheye.

I'm very satisfied with the Kem Aqua product, and I like the fact that it comes in 4 different sheens.

-- Timothy Juvenal

Hambone Slim