Shelf Design

Anyone care to critique either the construction or aesthetic design? BF

Reply to
BF

snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Much too abstract.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Got something other than an e-mail address?

Reply to
Leon

The link should take you to a post on A.B.Pictures.Woodworking with a PDF.

Reply to
BF

Don't see no shelf, here!

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Using what newsreader?

Reply to
J. Clarke

The link is an e-mail address.

Reply to
Leon

Agent, right click>launch. Should get a popup asking if email or newgroup. The pdf is a drawing, do you not see it? Should be self explanitory. Does not have size, which will be about 4' tall by 6" deep.

Reply to
BF

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Actually it's a Usenet message ID (looks like an email address because of the @ sign at the end).

To me, it doesn't look like a link. Perhaps some newsreaders present message IDs as links, I dunno.

Also, my newsreader doesn't display PDF files, just JPG, GIF, and PNG. I think that's true of most newsreaders.

My suggestion to the OP is he should start over with his question, preferably by actually asking it in words, and either post a picture (not a PDF) in the binaries group, or put his PDF on a web server somewhere.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Is there somewhere else you can post this diagram? Some of us don't get binaries on the services we use.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

Or convert to a jpg and post it on a free site like Picassa or Flickr

Reply to
Leon

But pretty much 100% of newreaders will allow you to save the PDF to disk after which you can use acroread, evince or xpdf to view it.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote in news:91HCx.70561$Kz4.25753 @fx18.iad:

To be sure, but that's a lot more work. If the OP wants folks to help, he should make it easy for them.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

I can't convert it to a raster file with sufficient resolution to be usable.

Reply to
BF

Bring the drawing up on you computer. Press the Print Screen Key. Open MS Paint. Paste. Save as JPG. Post to Picassa or Flickr.

Reply to
Leon

This worked fine. PDF files display automatically with Thunderbird if you have the Adobe Acrobat plugin installed.

As for the design, I like a solid plywood back let into rabbet. I like top and bottom shelf glued into rabbet in the sides, and shelves in between on shelf pins.

Also, unless this is a special purpose bookcase, standard shelves are

12" (11 1/4") and if it is only 4' tall and on the floor, it should have an overhanging table like top, with molding under the over hang.

Other than that, the design shown is OK, just not how I normally would do it.

Reply to
Jack