Separator Lid Question

My Penn State dust collector got delivered and I find I'm going to have to visit the local supply house for various fittings despite ordering an accessories kit. One of the things that did come was a separator lid for a 30 gallon trash can. I went to the borg today and bought a 31 gallon can and I found the lid is too large.
How snug does this thing need to be? Should I take the lid with me to the borg and try to find a tighter fit? Or do people add foam tape around the trash can rim to aid in sealing?
I've got a four day period coming up next week when I can attack the problem. I would like to get my system up and running by then. Ideas?
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
Mort wrote:>My Penn State dust collector got delivered and I find I'm going to have to

Yours didn't? I'd bet that if you stick on some closed cell foam tape, and apply the vacuum, it'll tighten right up. Tom Work at your leisure!
put the vacuum to it, and don't worry....my problem was that the can crushed, I finally made a wooden barrel to fit it....signed....someone with way too much time on his hands......LOL
Even with a better fit, I still added the foam tape. I'd add enough so that the pressure against the foam holds the top on. Yes, the suction will hold it on, but there's no reason to waste some of the available suction. GerryG
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 01:17:01 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"