Seeking advice for Shopsmith Mark V quill reinstall

Had to send the quill assembly off for some work. In the interim the instructions sent by Shopsmith were misplaced and when it came time I tried to do it from memory.

Now I cannot get the quill to feed into the headstock, and the spring tension is non-existent. Seeking advice, any help more than appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Reply to
Poindexter Mad Scientist

Try google, it really isn't that hard.

FrozenNorth

I inherited the unit, it's a green Magna, has the original style power train and so far I've not been able to find any relevant instructions using Google, Bing, Duck Duck Go, or Yahoo.

There's that $29.99 manual from Shopsmith's site, but if I don't

*have* to spend it and wait for delivery that would be grand.

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Poindexter Mad Scientist

I do not think there are many shopsmith owners here if any, but there are a couple of user's groups, you may get a better response there, no idea how active they are.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Thanks, I'll see what I can find there and keep checking back here.

Reply to
Poindexter Mad Scientist

Poindexter Mad Scientist wrote in news:090920120744292138% snipped-for-privacy@madscientistsworlddominationleague.org:

instructions

There are close to a dozen Shopsmith groups on Yahoo.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Not sure if it'll help but seems to be quite a lot of stuff out there. Uncle had one way-back when first started his Armstrong store/interior decorating/cabinet shop after the war and used it for many years...I have since wished I had taken the opportunity and gathered it up just for nostalgia but had no place for it, really, and passed it up...

Haven't ever checked the OWWM site to see what, if anything there is there for Shopsmith--might be worth a gander there, too.

And, of course, there is the thing that if you actually have one and intend to use it, $30 is pretty cheap if it is the needed poop... :)

--

Reply to
dpb

One for each person still using a Shopsmith. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

You should ask your question here if you haven't already.

there will be able to help you.

Reply to
BadBob