Seeking advice for Shopsmith Mark V quill reinstall

Had to send the quill assembly off for some work. In the interim the instructions sent by Shopsmith were misplaced and when it came time I tried to do it from memory.
Now I cannot get the quill to feed into the headstock, and the spring tension is non-existent. Seeking advice, any help more than appreciated.
Thanks so much,
--
Poindexter M.S.

On 9/08/12 11:13 AM, Poindexter Mad Scientist wrote:

Try google, it really isn't that hard.
http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/catalog/twobearingquill.htm
--
Froz...

Yeah, saw that before posting and it's not applicable.
I inherited the unit, it's a green Magna, has the original style power train and so far I've not been able to find any relevant instructions using Google, Bing, Duck Duck Go, or Yahoo.
There's that $29.99 manual from Shopsmith's site, but if I don't *have* to spend it and wait for delivery that would be grand.
Any help appreciated.
--
Poindexter M.S.

On 9/08/12 9:48 PM, Poindexter Mad Scientist wrote:

I do not think there are many shopsmith owners here if any, but there are a couple of user's groups, you may get a better response there, no idea how active they are.
--
Froz...

Thanks, I'll see what I can find there and keep checking back here.
--
Poindexter M.S.

wrote in wrote:

power
instructions
There are close to a dozen Shopsmith groups on Yahoo.
Doug White
On 9/9/12 8:30 AM, Doug White wrote:

One for each person still using a Shopsmith. :-)
--

-MIKE-

On 9/8/2012 8:48 PM, Poindexter Mad Scientist wrote:

<http://www.ssug.org/index.php/document-archive/viewdownload/8-shopsmith-mark-v/19-shopsmith-mark-5-owners-manual
Not sure if it'll help but seems to be quite a lot of stuff out there. Uncle had one way-back when first started his Armstrong store/interior decorating/cabinet shop after the war and used it for many years...I have since wished I had taken the opportunity and gathered it up just for nostalgia but had no place for it, really, and passed it up...
Haven't ever checked the OWWM <www.vintagemachinery.com> site to see what, if anything there is there for Shopsmith--might be worth a gander there, too.
And, of course, there is the thing that if you actually have one and intend to use it, $30 is pretty cheap if it is the needed poop... :)
You should ask your question here if you haven't already.
http://www.shopsmith.net/forums /
Somebody there will be able to help you.