Seasonal Trees

Page 2 of 2

We have local tree farms, several infact, but they dont have that smell. I suspect the climate is too warm for the right kind of tree and smell.

Yes it is. There shoud be others though.

. That sounds right. LOL
On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:45:19 GMT, "Leon"

What do they grow that far south? Our local farm had Virginia Pines and Leyland Cypress. The Virginia pines had a good smell.
Frank

I don't recall exactly what they were called, it's been 10 plus years. I do recall the needles being about 3 inches long and very soft, non totally like those plastic dusters with the exploded tips.
Leon wrote:

You've got to know where to get the odiferous, coniferous trees.
The auto parts shop!
That's right. They have little 6" trees that put you right in the pine forest!
Bring back memories of a simpler time, chesnuts and marshmallows in a roaring fire, granny spaced out on eggnog; visit AutoZone today!

Uh huh, how many decorations will they hold? ;~)
One year when I was young my mom decided that she wanted us to have a real traditional Christmas tree. She got my dad to take us to a tree farm where we selected and cut the perfect tree. When we got home and dad put the tree up in the living room my mom popped some popcorn and then made my sister and I make garlands from the popcorn and real cranberries by threading heavy thread through them with needles. Then we decorated the tree with the usual lights and ornaments but added these garlands. That year our tree didn't last very long at all. Some field mice got into the house and every night they went up into the tree to eat the popcorn and cranberries and our 2 cats went up into the tree to try to catch them. Our tree was knocked down 2 nights and totally destroyed within about a week. Well, at least my mom never made my sister and I make those garlands any more after that year. We went back to having a more normal Christmas with non-edible decorations on a real tree.
Charley
I just walk over the hill from my house, cut one down, bring it home, done.
Jon

Jon wrote:

You'd think the neighbors would catch on to that eventually. One by one, seeing their back yard trees disappearing each year. ;-)