Scratch awl w/removable handle?

I'd like a scratch awl that has a handle that screws on. That way I can chuck the steel in a drill to sharpen it. Anyone know of one made like this? JP
Jay Pique wrote:

Try a leather supply place. Tandy sells a "Craftool 4-in-1 Awl Set" Stock # 3209-00 that has interchangeable blades. See:
"http://www.leatherfactory.com/products.asp
Search for 3209-00.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nova wrote:

That's pretty much what I was looking for. Thanks. JP

Don't know of one offhand that screws on, but Starret, General, and others make several versions that use a collet to hold the scriber in the handle, like an oversized pin vize. If you can't find it quickly with a web search, try looking for "scriber" instead of "awl"
--
snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lonestar.org
Jay I am one of those, "if you like one, make one" sort of people. Why not make a scratch awl using a masonry nail for hardness and put it in a removable handle? I made a carving set for my daughter who travels (she is in Thailand now until March) and it has interchangable blades. The instructions are over at http://aroundthewoods.com/carver.shtml . Have fun. Actually a scratch awl would be handy. Maybe I will make one. Watch the site :-) ______ God bless and safe turning Darrell Feltmate Truro, NS, Canada www.aroundthewoods.com