Scratch awl w/removable handle?

I'd like a scratch awl that has a handle that screws on. That way I can chuck the steel in a drill to sharpen it. Anyone know of one made like this? JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Try a leather supply place. Tandy sells a "Craftool 4-in-1 Awl Set" Stock # 3209-00 that has interchangeable blades. See:

"

for 3209-00.

Reply to
Nova

That's pretty much what I was looking for. Thanks. JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Don't know of one offhand that screws on, but Starret, General, and others make several versions that use a collet to hold the scriber in the handle, like an oversized pin vize. If you can't find it quickly with a web search, try looking for "scriber" instead of "awl"

Darrell Feltmate