SCMS Fence

Well, I finally got around to putting a fence on the SCMS bench. I am quite happy with it, the accuracy is much better than what I had previously.
Pics are on the web at http://rec.woodworking.homeip.net/wood/ then click on SCMS Fence, or direct at:
http://rec.woodworking.homeip.net/wood/SCMS/Fence/index.htm
This weekend I'll make a sliding stop block to keep on the fence (freeing up one more clamp!).
Comments welcome.
Greg
Hi Greg, Thanks for the post. I picked up a few ideas that I will use when I rebuild my current set up. A question, how did you get the saw to be at the same level as the L/R tables? I currently use playing cards to shim mine but there must be a better way. Is the saw bolted to the sub table? Cheers, JG
Greg Millen wrote:

"JGS" wrote in message ...

The tables were built to match the height of the SCMS bed. I knew I couldn't get it "exact" so I used an old trick - I mounted the SCMS on small rubber feet and used screws with rubber washers to bolt it down. That way I can tighten or loosen the screws to get a slight raise or lower of the bed.
you could get the same effect by sitting the saw on some hard(ish) rubber blocks.

Glad you got some value from it.
cheers,
Greg
Thanks for the old trick. JG