SCMI F9a Jointer

I have an opportunity to get a SCMI F9a 12" jointer and have no luck finding out any information on this machine. Anyone ever hear or have any knowledge of this machine? As I would be interested in installing a Byrd cutter head (I have them on all my other tools and love them) and have contacted Byrd to see if they make one for this machine. Asking price is 950.00, not sure if this is a good, great price point for this machine. Any info anyone has would be appreciated.
SteveA

I found 12" with a different model number F3a... for example:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?97380-SCMI-F3a-Jointer-Refurb-Completed -(lots-of-pics) http://www.holbren.com/byrd-shelix-head-for-scmi-f3a-12-jointer.html
Any chance F9a isn't the right number?
John

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?97380-SCMI-F3a-Jointer-Refurb-Completed -(lots-of-pics)
Steve,
This the one you found?
http://longisland.craigslist.org/app/2783048687.html

that is the unit

Tough to read the tag with the model number from that angle. ;~)

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?97380-SCMI-F3a-Jointer-Refurb-Completed -(lots-of-pics)
John,
I appreciate the reply, I also found a F3a, unfortunately all I have to go on until I see the machine is that the guy tells me via email. Since he owns it I have to assume that he knows what he has. Hopefully I can see it next week but thought I would throw this out in the mean time.
SteveA

I may have to be in the market myself. I have a few 10, 11, 12 and even 14" wide x 8/4 quartersawn white oak 8' slabs that are still rough. I have an 18" planer but they make my 8" powermatic jointer look like a toy. I hate to cut down these slabs and I am considering designs where I can use them intact but dread hand planing the first side flat to get things started.
"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message wrote:

I may have to be in the market myself. I have a few 10, 11, 12 and even 14" wide x 8/4 quartersawn white oak 8' slabs that are still rough. I have an 18" planer but they make my 8" powermatic jointer look like a toy. I hate to cut down these slabs and I am considering designs where I can use them intact but dread hand planing the first side flat to get things started. =====================================================================================Use a power plane. Utility and speed. With it and a straightedge, you can flatten the first side well enough for your planer in know time. I have traditional planes, that I use, but when there is a lot to come off, the power plane comes out.