Scam Or Real??

Page 2 of 2
DEFINITELY a scam. If you want some really entertaining reading on these email scams try this website: www.419eater.com. I know someone who participates in these "scam baits" and it's truly hysterical the lengths the scammers will go to in order to get at your money. For the most part, they're not the sharpest tools in your shed.
Gary in KC

sweet sawdust wrote:

Easy to find out. Tell him up front that any purchase he makes will require pre-payment via wire transfer to your bank.

Yeah, they'd love to have your account number. Just ask for a small cash deposit to hold the good. They won't do that.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Not sure about your bank, but mine won't transfer funds to another account without a signed request from me.
In spite of that, my SOP calls for the customer's bank to e-mail me directly for the transfer-to account information. If the bank is using a gmail return address...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
wrote in message

I did ask for payment in advance of shipping and all shipping to be paid by the buyer. Will let you know how it turns out, if anything happens.

wrote in message

Chances are they are going to send you a counterfeit or stolen check or money order that will bounce. You can be sure it is a SCAM.
wrote in message

I am sure it is a scam, but!! I have gotten several bogus checks and a couple of stolen credit cards in the past. My favorite was one for an item for sale on Craig's list. Two bogus checks with appropriate e-mails to go with them and one check for 3900 dollars with no information on what to do with it or why it was sent to me, all overnighted and of course all sent on stolen credit cards
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

Easy solutions.
Open an account specifically for wire transfers with a "zip" balance which gets closed out in 30 days.
Use PayPal.
Lew

Several years ago, I was a new customer to a mill in KY. They required a wire transfer as payment prior to shipping my first purchase of a load of Appalacian hardwoods. That is my only experience with wire transfers but I do not recall their account number being revealed to me as part of the transaction. If memory serves, the transfer was from my bank to some bank in Kentucky "For Benefit Of" the recipient. The final destination account number was and is unknown to me.
A bank to bank wire transfer should be perfectly safe and secure for both parties involved. If anyone has contradictory information, please post it.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

by stringing them along with long replies, would it make a difference? Whenever telemarketers call me, I string them along as long as is possible. If we make telemarketing less productive/profitable maybe some of them would stop. Then again, maybe it doesn't make a damn bit of difference in the long run.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI

"CW" wrote:

Got to love it.
Lew

Much more effort than I would put into it. But very funny.

http://www.tommabe.com /
--
Kiva - Loans that change lives.
http://www.kiva.org/lender/david87375440