Saw Blade Recoomend.

Hey Guys,

I have about 140 ft. of Brazilian Cherry 3x3/4" Flooring to rip down to

1-3/4" wide. What blade would you use for this task. My standard Dewalt blade on my table-saw just smokes after 3 ft.

Thanks in Advance

Chef

Reply to
Master Chef Richard Campbell

Chef,

Haven't seen any posts from you in quite awhile... As for the DeWalt blade, check it for residue build-up. Even a little will cause it to bind and smoke as you're seeing. Grab some Green or Orange stuff or plain old 409 and a small brass brush. Set the blade in a pan so its covered, let it soak then scrub it clean until all the residue is removed. That should start a string of responses on what to use for cleaning blades....

If the blade is dull and you want to replace it, there's any number of good blades available - another long thread. I won't tell you to do a Google, you already know that but I also know you want the best, so go for the WoodWorkers II, regular kerf (1/8") in either the 30T (for ripping thick stock) or 40T if you prefer a combo blade. The 30T is better for materials that are 2" thick or greater and the 40T will provide excellent ripping plus cross-cutting. Either blade is around $100 (typical).

Less expensive ($50) but an excellent blade is the Freud 24T rip blade, FTB. Then there's the Amana, Systemic, etc. etc...

Just use a crow-bar on the wallet and go here:

S.

Reply to
bs

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

You might want to get it sharpened.

Reply to
Leon

"Master Chef Richard Campbell" wrote

I've been extremely happy with a Stehle 30 tooth rip blade. Great smooth cut, great price, holds an edge.

Cheers, Gary

Reply to
Gary Greenberg