SANDPAPER CUTTER

http://www.simplicityboats.com/papercut.html
Or, you could just lay a piece of wood on the paper, and tear it . Or, you could fold it, and cut it with a knife, scissors, or whatever. Just something more to clutter up the shop with, and to not be able to find when you want it.
JOAT Just pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 03:47:42 -0500, J T wrote:

I've been using one similar to this for a long time. I have a ledge to act as a stop to cut the sheets in thirds. It's hanging from the wall and is used in that position so it isn't underfoot and it can't get lost. I use it 3-4 times a day when I'm turning bowls & such.
Bill
RE: Subject
A hack saw blade does a decent job.
Lew

You beat me to it.
An old hacksaw blade can be attached to a piece of wood or bench edge so that you slide the paper under it and pull up to tear...
--
"I'm a man, but I can change... If I have to... I guess." -- Red Green

I keep an old pair of heavy duty scissors on hand for cutting. Cuts sandpaper, cardboard, thin sheet metal, rubber and most anything else that's flexible. Not as fashionable as a hacksaw blade, but definitely more workable.
I bought a couple of sets of these <http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=1&p215&cat=2,50560> a while back. One for the kitchen, one for the shop.
djb
--
"Wherever there is a jackboot stomping on a human face there will be a
well-heeled Western liberal to explain that the face does, after all, enjoy

I loosely screwed a hacksaw blade to an MDF scrap. The back side of the blade tears the paper nicely. The MDF has commonly used sizes marked off with a Sharpie.
Barry