sand paper queston

Just a quick question about some sandpaper. I have the PC ras that uses the hook and loop paper. Today while on the Snap-On truck I picked a air 6in sander. It uses the stick on paper. My question is this, is PSA the stick on type? Dan don't carry any paper on the truck and he called the stick on something else. Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike S.

PSA stands for pressure sensitive adhesive and it's sticky stuff. Another common type is the hook and loop (which is similar to the rough side of velcro). The PSA disks cost about half as much but they can't be reused. The hook and loop disks can be peeled off and then reused later if you need to go back.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Mike, PSA = Pressure Sensitive Adhesive. It is the "stick-on" type. Hook and Loop is like Velcro. PSA is like, uh...., Scotch Tape!

Hope this helps ya!

Philski

Reply to
philski

thanks guys, that's what I thought about the psa but wasn't sure. Amazon listed it as hook & loop and psa. I figure this will work better for agressive sanding then my belt sander.

Reply to
Mike S.

For the fastest stock removal, you're probably still going to be better off with the belt sander - given the same (or even close) grits.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

How does the "stick-it" stuff that 3M sells differ with PSA? It seems to allow you to remove a pad something like velcro does, but it is a weak adhesive.

Reply to
Eric Anderson

I notice that my posts through Google are way down the list. So far that I have a hard time finding them myself unless I do a search. I can imagine that few people end up "tripping" over them. I saw my posts almost immediately back in the days when I posted directly. I am on Comcast now and using IE instead of Netscape. I will have to go through a learning curve if I want to post as I did in the past. How many of you post directly through a newsgroup service vs. Google??

Still wondering about Stickit VS. PSA.

Reply to
Eric Anderson