Router table

I have decider to build a router table instead of getting a shaper. I will be using the Hitachi 12V 3 1/4 hp router ( I love it and have 2 but will buy 2 more so I have one that is not dedicated to a machine. Two are presently mounted on a Legacy 1500 and 1800.) and will make the router table as a replacement top for the right side on my TS which has a 50" Powermatic fence. The top will be about 24" wide and 48" long, haven't measured the saw table yet and all the space under the top can be dedicated to the router table. Also I will incorporate the 2000 cfm dust collector but it will probably be placed outside the shop. Will use 3/4" all thread to raise and lower the router but still use the lock on the router . Router will be permanently mounted and dedicated to the table. A stock feeder will also be incorporated. I am looking for plans and/or ideas.
TIA-- Art Ransom Lancaster , Texas snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net www.turningaround.org
I've uploaded two pics of my router tables to abpw. Will edge and cut a dado to the center of a 48" panel.
--
Rumpty

A modest unit at the http://www.patwarner.com/router_table.html link. Might be a few ideas there. ____________________________________________________ Art Ransom wrote:

I will