Tales from the Wood

Working wood is as diverse as the world we live in. No two men have the same set of tools or the same set of experiences. No man is master; we are apprentices all of our lives. Let's admit it, no matter how large our ego, right around the corner is someone, who is doing something with wood, we would give our best hammer to be able to do. For example, a clock parts supplier sponsors a yearly contest, and publishes the winners on the cover of their catalogue. I noticed the same man won first place two years in a row; I found his number and called to congratulate him. He couldn't speak English, but I found out from his brother, that the man was in his sixties and these were the only two wood working projects the man had ever attempted. He had built them at his kitchen table with the few tools he had at hand. Who is that amazing person that you could be jealous of?

Reply to
daclark2