Round Over Problem- Too big for router?

I'm trying to make a shackle for a lock out of "Making Wooden Locks" by Tim Detweiller. I'm trying to make an oversized version- however- I need essentially make a 2" round, u-shaped piece of wood. While I could rout it with a 1" round over- I only need one and don't want to shell out the $45 for one cut. The final project will be a "U" that is 2" around and would fit in a 10" x 16" x 2" box.
Anyone have a good work around that is pseudo-safe?
Stumped,
ktow

Chamfering bit followed by a rasp
Cut down as much as possible to shape wanted then use a block plane a rasp and sand paper.

Get a 2" dowel and bend it.
Pete Stanaitis ----------------------
ktow wrote:

Surely you must have at least one of these ...... Hands ( hopefully U have 2, but you could manage with one) Chisel Plane / spokeshave Rasp Knife Sandpaper project could have been finished in the time it took to post and read responses.

Basically the same as fairing out a boat hull.
Make a half round template to check your work as you proceed.
Cut out a blank with a saber saw, then it is time for a rotary tool of choice, something like a low speed die grinder, say 2,000 RPM max.
If you have a decent air compressor, a pneumatic drill for $20 from HF does the job nicely.
Hog out excess material with rotary rasps, then finish with flap wheels, using template to check your work as you go.
Lew